Everyday for the past three weeks or so I’ve been eating avocado toast for breakfast and sometimes for lunch too. Like listening to a favorite song repeatedly, my food cravings tend to stick with me. This one has already lasted longer than the Great Falafel Infatuation of ’91. I want you to love avocado toast as much as I do, so don’t substitute any ingredients until you try it first as described below. You’re welcome.
How to Make Avocado Toast
- Pick a ripe avocado: It should be ripe but firm.
- Toast one Thomas’ English Muffin.
- Peel the avocado and smash it with a fork until it’s chunky.
- Spread the avocado on each half of the muffin.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of red pepper flakes.
- Add pieces of thinly sliced cucumber on top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bask in the joy of something so delicious you’ll eat it everyday for a week.